Sunday, February 27, 2005

 

New Variety Lodge #86 eX2001 Pow Wow

While at the Lodge #2 TOR this weekend, I young Scout came up to me with his grandfather with two patches to trade. They were two recent OA lodge event patches form NY, both of which I had, and one of which I had in dupe on the table. But like may of you think it is good policy to encourage younger Scouts to trade so I offered him his choice of several 1:1 flaps I had available. With the help of his grandfather, he chose two and we shook hands.
Now it has also become my policy, that whenever I receive a twill patch, even if it is one I already have, I check the twill direction with the Blue Book. If the twill direction is not listed, I set it aside until I can compare it to the one in my collection.
I did compare one of the patches to the dupe I had on hand and they were TL and TR. So a new variety was discovered. Guess always trading with scouts (where permitted by event rules) is a good policy. Here are the stats: eX2001a RED R TAN RED YEL FDL; BLK Camp Bullowa Pow Wow; BLK inner border Add TLS eX2001b RED R TAN RED YEL FDL; BLK Camp Bullowa Pow Wow; BLK inner border TR
86 eX2001a and 86eX2001b Note the border color change from Orange to the correct red. By the way, my 86eX2002 has TRS. Is yours TR or TL?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?